Strawberry Picking

Friday, May 22, 2009

Photobucket
I decided a couple days ago that I am no longer going to be a planner - I have always been a planner and I always end up disappointed if things don't work out. So I decided to become impulsive (well as impulsive as a detailed-oriented person can be)and so far it has worked in my favor. As odd as it sounds it has made me feel like I actually have control instead of my schedule controlling me. So today I gave up the chance to go to the beach (which is all fine with me because I cannot stand sand, I despise it) and opted for the strawberry patch. It was so fun! I packed a lunch for the kids and I and off we went. It was quiet up there because not many people knew that the patch opened today. The kids got to ride on the Kiddy tractors, got to look at lots of pretty flowers then picked pounds and pounds of strawberries. Have yet to decide what to do with them all but I am sure I will come up with something! We had a blast! I didn't have my D300 with me but I did have the D40 the good ol stand by except I didn't have my good lens (so sometimes planning is a good thing)... I still got some pretty cool shots none the less. I decided not to shoot in RAW cause I was having a lazy day. But I did decide that I would go back up with the intentions of taking some pretty awesome pics! But I am not planning another trip, I will just go, when I need more strawberries! LOL.

Ry loved the tractors!
Photobucket

The big man took the long walk all by himself, he was proud of his strawberries, so much in fact he took a bite out of almost all of them before "throwing" them in the bucket, apparently the "Gentle Touches" rule doesn't apply to strawberries
Photobucket

1 comments:

MRP May 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Lovin' the new blog! The tractor IS awesome... so are all the pics!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP