And you wonder why I hate them...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Carnivals of course. What else? I had this bright idea today to take the kiddos by myself to the carnival down the road from me. I must have been drinking to many tina-tinis to think this was a good idea. So we pack up and go to this "set up" they call a carnival. Get there at 6. By 6:15 I was raped of $40... My kids were sucked into 5 games. 5 games I tell you and $40 lost. So I decided to let them ride rides. Well at $18 a wrist band you can have yourself a nice time (on all 9 of the rides they have LOL). So with 4 kids thats $72 (ok so I wouldn't get the mutt one so thats $54 still not easy on the pocket.) So I decided to buy 25 tickets for $20... well each ride is either 3 to 4 tickets so that means they each get to ride 2 things at most. This stinks. (now I am $60 in the hole). So we decided to get some cotton candy (of course they all want there own bags $3 a pop there went $9) and then I wanted a funnel cake and some lemonade ($8).... After an hour of being at a stupid carnival I am out $77 and all I have to show for it is a goldfish, 2 "small prizes", 3 oversized bags of cotton candy, 4 sticky children, lemonade that spilled down the stroller, and a funnel cake that ended up on the ground once I got home. To make matters worse one of the only rides my daughter decided to get on was covered in oil or grease. Her hands were covered, she had it on her face and her poor poor new shirt covered. I am not a happy camper.

the face of a winner
But I did get this super funny picture of Abie. Face of a winner! Mama's bringing home a goldfish!

Photobucket
And this super cute moment. Sean decided to use his tickets to take Ry on the carousel... How frigging cute!

Put a check mark next to a carnvial on the "things to do with kids list" and pray to god my kids do not spot another one in the area until next year.

3 comments:

theUngourmet May 29, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

I agree with you about carnivals. -Expensive and if you're a germaphobe at all you feel like bathing in hand sanitizer when your finished too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a great day!

Lauren June 1, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Carnivals are just awful. Once you step foot in one you have to have that funnel cake or corn dog and that $10 lemonade. That's how they get you, jerks!

Pepper Plum Boutique June 2, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

YUM cotton candy... :) Exactly there's all this delish food that's just sooo bad for you.

We haven't been to a carnival in quite some time but its always the same. Spending way too much and leaving with some crappy stuffed thing that probably glows from all bad products used to make it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP